Monday, October 6, 2008

Work at "Home"

It's report card time at a little school in Chicago that shall remain unnamed. Shout out to the other Super Scholar Teachers that might be reading this.
We were allowed to work on report cards from home today. Our kids are off this week, so they're not missing any instruction. I got a $10 Starbucks card and figured I'd walk a few blocks to my neighborhood Sbux for a change of pace. I had heard that if you register a starbucks card, you get two hours of free wifi. Free and Wi-Fi are two of my favorite things. Add coffee to the mix and it's a no-brainer. After getting my wireless connection set up and getting some caffeine, I was well on my way to having a very productive work session. This Starbucks location is right by Loyola University, so there were college kids coming in and out, with the occasional student plopping down and cracking a book to study. Overall, I was impressed with my Starbucks office space.

No comments: